Many people would like their children to spend the last two years of their schooling following the International Baccalaureate programme at the International School of Toulouse.
This internationally respected programme is an ideal preparation for Universities throughout the world and it is especially suited to students who wish to follow a University programme in English either in the United Kingdom or the United States.
The Scholarship Programme
We offer a scholarship programme for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, covering the last two years of Secondary schooling at IST. This internationally respected programme is an ideal preparation for Universities throughout the world. The programme offered at IST is especially suited to students who wish to follow a University programme in English either in the United Kingdom or the United States. The International School of Toulouse scholarship programme provides an outstanding educational opportunity for a limited number of students of exceptional talent, whose families do not have the financial means necessary to pay the fees, to attend IST .
There are a maximum of two scholarship places available each year for students who will enrich our school community and the overall quality of both our student population and our IB Diploma Programme as much as our School will enrich and inspire them. All our previous scholarship students have achieved very good results in their IB Diplomas, including scoring full marks. All scholarship students are expected to maintain this tradition.
· The IST scholarships are awarded to young people of high aspirations, talents and accomplishments for a period of up to two years.
· Students should be about to enter Grade 11, the first year of the IB Diploma Programme, aged 15 and above at the time of enrolment and demonstrate intellectual curiosity and independent thinking, while being respectful of other views and concerned to make a difference in the world.
· Successful candidates must follow the full IB Diploma Programme and to maintain a high level of achievement throughout the two years in order to retain the scholarship.
· Although English is the language of instruction in the classroom, applications are very much welcomed from candidates for whom English is a second language although they must show that they are capable of writing and learning in English at a very high level.
An IST scholarship student is expected to:
- be highly talented and academically ambitious
- be very keen to participate fully in the life of the school
- be an exemplary role model for both peers and younger students
If a scholarship student fails to honour this undertaking, the School reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship award.
Who can apply?
· Students of all nationalities may apply for an IST scholarship.
· Students must have an outstanding academic record.
· A strong command of written and spoken English is essential.
· Families will be required to demonstrate that the family’s income, savings or assets are not sufficient to pay the fees in full. A student’s family will be asked to submit financial information every year to demonstrate continued need. IST will continue to provide aid, assuming a family’s financial situation remains similar
· Scholarships are not available to students whose fees are paid by a sponsoring company.
How to apply
STEP 1 The Application
· Submit a letter of approximately 500 words. Candidates should write about themselves, their future ambitions, why they feel they would benefit from the programme and what they believe they can bring to the school. The letter should be in English but should indicate if English is not the candidate’s first language.
· Download and complete the form showing which subjects the candidate would like to study in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
· Submit a full record of the candidate’s school results and reports for the previous three years of schooling.
· Submit a letter of recommendation from their current school.
Assessment of Financial Situation
The applicant’s family is required to complete the Financial Situation form and submit this and all supporting documentation to the School along with the application paperwork.
Please note: many factors are taken into account, including, but not limited to:
· the number of children in a family
· additional dependents
· all sources of income
· assets and liabilities
· expenses such as rent/mortgage/loans
There is no specific salary cut-off and each family’s financial situation is individually assessed.
This paperwork must be submitted to the school by 31st January for entry the following September. Successful candidates will be promptly informed that they can proceed to the next step.
STEP 2 Scholarship Examinations
Candidates will be invited to come to the School to sit scholarship examinations in their six chosen subjects.
Each of these examinations will last 45 minutes.
All papers will be marked and corrected by the end of February .
Successful candidates will be promptly informed that they can proceed to the next step.
Candidates who live some distance from the school can opt to sit these examinations in their current school provided their school is prepared to make suitable arrangements.
STEP 3 Interviews
Candidates will be invited to attend formal interviews with the Principal, Head of Secondary and IBDP Coordinator. These interviews will be scheduled in March.
Please note: Candidates can be interviewed via Skype if travel to the school is not possible.
STEP 4 Approval from the Board
Successful candidates have their applications recommended by the Principal and the school Board of Directors then confirms the scholarship award.
Successful candidates are informed by the end of March.
Details of the Scholarship
• Exemption from payment of the Capital Fee.
• Remission of 75% of the tuition fees for the two-year programme.
• Use of school books and a school laptop.
· There is a one-off non-refundable registration fee (please see details under tuition fees) and a deposit of €1,000 which is returned at the end of the programme.
· Canteen, trips and extra-curricular activities are payable by the parents or legal guardians.
If you have any queries, please contact Tess Perrussel by email at email@example.com or by telephone
at the school 00 33 562 74 26 74
IB Subject Application Form Scholarship.pdf
Financial Situation Form.docx